Family Friendly Mall of America, Bloomington, MN
The Mall of America in Bloomington, MN is such a major attraction here, it actually made it as the icon for our state in the Great States Jr. board game!
Bloomington is a suburb of Minneapolis. It’s so easy to get to both downtown St. Paul and downtown Mpls from here, that it’s an ideal location to stay.
- Inside the MegaMall (as the natives call it) shopping is great for you (no sales tax on clothes), but the Mall is all about kid-friendly things to do! Being all indoors makes this a year-round destination.
- Toddler Tuesdays offer special events in the morning, and discounts on lunches at most sit-down restaurants.
- In the center of the mall is Nickelodeon Universe theme park. Rides for all ages feature favorite Nickelodeon characters: Spongebob, Dora & Diego, the Backyardigans, Jimmy Neutron and more!
- Underwater Adventures Aquarium is an amazing walk-thru aquarium underneath the Mall located by the East Parking Entrance. Watch a little video here…
- Weekends are busy, so use the valet service located on the west parking (by Nordstrom’s) on the 4th level parking if you don’t want the hassle. It’s only $5, (it’s customary to tip when you receive your car.)
- Lego Imagination Center is very popular with many age groups. You can find that near the South entrance.
- There are 3 food courts. 2 located on the 3rd floor (north side and south side) and 1 inside the Nickelodeon Universe park. Throughout the mall are restaurants ranging from pretzel stands to fine dining and everything in between. There is even a convenience store.
- Toy stores are abundant, if you like Nickelodeon characters.
- There’s a family restroom near every entrance, and baby-changing stations have their own area in the regular bathrooms.
Overall, you can easily make a weekend of the Mall of America with small kids in tow, rain or shine! What do you like to do when you’re here?