Are you planning a beach vacation in Florida with kids?
Siesta Beach Florida is the best Florida beach vacation for families on my list.
This is the first post of the “Florida with Kids” series centering on the best Florida family beaches and Florida beach vacations, so I thought, why not make it about my all-time favorite Florida family beach –Siesta Key (a.k.a. Siesta Beach Florida ) in Sarasota, Florida on the beautiful Gulf coast?
Vacations in Florida with kids aren’t as expensive as you’d think, if you know where to go. And Siesta Beach is the absolute best kid-friendly, and beautiful Florida familybeach in the whole state, filled with so many things to do, it’ll be the most fun you and your family will have on any Florida beach vacation for a lot less than you’d expect to pay.
Also see Family Summer Activities in Sarasota, FL to learn more about Sarasota, Florida beach vacations for families.
There are more recreational beaches and barrier islands in Florida than any other state in the nation, so it’s no wonder that Siesta Beach Florida won the “Great International White Sand Beach Challenge” in 1987 for sporting the “whitest and finest sand in the world”.
Not only is Siesta Beach Florida kid-friendly and safe (with year-round lifeguards and shallow water on it’s shores), but even better, the family-friendly gleaming “powdered sugar” sand on Siesta Beach is perfect for building those complicated sandcastles, or just for wiggling your toes in, because it’s composed of quartz crystal so it is always cool on those little tootsies. Also, since it’s made of 99% quartz crystal, the healing aura of the sand and warm Gulf waters do wonders for mind, body and spirit.
( FYI – It’s been widely accepted that the sand on Siesta Beach Florida started it’s path in the Appalachians, flowed down the rivers and was deposited on the shores over millions of years ago, that’s some old sand, but you’d never know it, the bright and gleaming white powder looks as pristine as any beach could come).
Florida with Kids-
Best Florida Family Beach Vacations for Families; Siesta Key Beach
Temperatures & Local things to do:
The median temperatures on Siesta Beach Florida are between 90’s for highs and 70’s for lows in the summer, and 70’s for highs and 50’s for lows for the winter months, and absolute perfect Florida family beach weather for babies, toddlers, tweens, or kids and adults alike.
And as Stephany stated in her post for “Top 5 Kid-Friendly Florida Beaches”, there’s also lots of fun abound outside of Siesta Beach in Sarasota,
“Nearby Marina Jacks, a playground with splash fountains, along with O’leary’s Tiki Bar & Grill, and water sport rentals. Sarasota is also home to the Ringling Bros. Circus Museum and winter headquarters.”
Once you visit Siesta Beach in Sarasota, Florida with the kids, it’ll be your first choice every time for your best family friendly Florida beach vacation, but as great as it is, don’t forget to pack the sunscreen, the sun is blazing out there with all that reflective white sand!
Siesta Beach Florida Family Friendly Beach Amenities:
- 2 concession stands
- beach volleyball courts
- picnic tables
- rest rooms
- tennis courts
- ball fields
- soccer field
- fitness trail
- lots of playground equipment
- rent-able shelters for large or small groups: For information on renting picnic shelters call 941-861-7275.
Great places to stay and eat near Siesta Beach Florida with kids for your Florida Family Beach Vacation:
Family-Friendly Restaurants on Siesta Beach:
- -Right on Siesta Beach there are two concession stands with typical beach food, burgers, dogs, etc. Just right for kids and adults alike.
- About a mile or two just north of Siesta Beach right along the main beach road is “the Village” you’ll find a wide variety of kid-friendly restaurants, supermarkets and deli’s offering both hot and cold foods.
- Depending on what you’re in the mood for, there’s all types of restaurant choices which are all kid-friendly. I think you’ll find just about everywhere on or near Siesta Beach will have a kid-friendly, family atmosphere.
- For breakfast or lunch you might like the Broken Egg or the Village Cafe
- Anna’s Deli– est. in 1971 Siesta Key’s Oldest Eatery and voted best sandwiches- 217 Avenida Madera, Siesta Key, FL 34242-Phone: 941-349-7790
- The Lobster Pot has pretty good seafood
- Both Italian restaurants are good, Bella Roma and Cafe Gabbiano
- More American/Continental is Mattisons Siesta Grille
- If you want a bit more upscale try Blase Cafe
- And for decent pizza try Solorzanos
- Tropical Beach Resorts- Siesta Key-6717 Sara Sea Circle, Sarasota, FL US 34242
- House of the Sun Condo Resort – 6518 Midnight Pass Road, Sarasota, FL US 34242
- Island House Beach Resort – 6150 Midnight Pass Road, Sarasota, FL US 34242
- Holiday Inn Express – Siesta Key-6600 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL US 34231
- Siesta Beach Resorts & Suites – 5311 Ocean Boulevard, Sarasota, FL US 34324
- Tropical Breeze Resort – Siesta Key- 153 Avenida Messina, Siesta Key, FL US 34242
- Beach Palms of Siesta Key Village – 153 Beach Road, Sarasota, FL US 34242
- Banana Bay Club Waterside – 8254 Midnight Pass Siesta Key, FL 34242
- Beach Palms 153 Beach Road Siesta Key, FL 34242
- Sea Castle Beachfront Accommodations 1001-1019 Seaside Dr., Siesta Key, FL, 34242 941 349 8858
If you’ve stayed or visited on or near Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota, Florida with kids for your Florida Family Beach Vacation, leave me a comment about it, I’d love to hear about your family friendly adventures! And stay tuned for more of the “Florida with Kids” series.