Best Ski Schools for Kids in Colorado
If you’re planning a family ski vacation and are worried the kids won’t have fun because they don’t know how to ski, or have never tried skiing, never fear! We have the best ski schools for kids in Colorado here! Also be sure to check out:
best Ski Schools for kids in Colorado:
Find out more about Aspen/ Snowmass Ski Resort
Beaver Creek, Colorado:
Beaver Creek is approximately 8 miles west of Vail, and has one of the best ski schools in the state.
- Kids Programs: Beaver Creek is known for great kids’ programs and has a dedicated kids’ area on the mountain with its own “Buckaroo Express” kids’ gondola and a kids’ restaurant.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Chefs serve warm chocolate cookies every day at 3 p.m.* at the base of the Centennial chairlift (very near the Buckaroo Express.)
- Ice Rink: Kids can skate at the ice rink in the village.
- Stay at a Hotel Just Steps From a Lift: At the family-friendly Osprey at Beaver Creek (a RockResort), guests can store gear with the helpful valet right by the door, step outside and board a ski lift. The Osprey is also just a minute away from Beaver Creek’s village of shops and restaurants– though guests may prefer their meals on-site, as dining is both family-friendly and top-rate. This is a boutique hotel with a friendly lounge area and a big-screen tv and Wii.
Multiple peaks, charming historic town, and plenty of fun for kids, including terrain parks and pipes– and Snow Sculpture Championships (in January.)
- Child care is offered at two Breckenridge Children’s Centers: slope-side nurseries for infants, toddlers, or pre-schoolers
- there’s Ski school for ages 3 to 4, 5 to 6, and 7 to 12; boarding for ages 7 to 12.
- Peak Adventure Series: three mountain adventures offer challenges suited to different skill levels, including kids trails, race runs, beginner half pipes; each adventure takes 2 to 3 days to complete, and those who finish get an award package. To participate, join any Ski & Ride School class and ask to join the Peak Adventure Series.
- Bombers: multi-week programs with professional instruction; ages 7-12, and 13 and above.
- Park and Pipe programs: Rocky Mountain Park & Pipe Camp has a 2-day camp for intermediate to advanced skiers and riders, no park or pipe experience necessary; ages 7-12, and 13 and above. (Check web site for dates, and updates, on programs.)
Copper Mountain, Colorado
This popular ski resort in the Colorado Rockies has beautiful mountain views, and a wonderful kids ski school, plus a tubing hill, sleigh ride with dining in the woods, snowmobiling, and a snow-skate park, who could ask for more?
- Youth Lessons (Ages 3 – 5)– A specially designed lesson offering the youngest of skiers and riders the individualized attention they demand. Children will experience the excitement of snow-sliding in small groups arranged by age and ability. The day includes ski or ride time and other interactive, age-appropriate, outdoor and indoor activities. Lessons include a lift ticket, lunch, and real-time GPS tracking provided by Flaik for superior safety and peace of mind. Please visit Ski and Ride Tips to help your child come to the lesson prepared for the day. More Information
- Youth Lessons (Ages 6 – 15)-This class offers kids the opportunity to ski and ride with people their own age, make new friends, and explore the coolest trails. The coaches know how to make learning fun – so much fun that your kids will have a hard time saying goodbye at the end of the week. More Information
Keystone Ski Resort, CO
Keystone is one of several ski resorts in the Colorado Rockies owned by Vail Resorts: lift passes are good at all. Keystone’s annual Kidtopia features a Snow Fort and a torchlight parade and other fun activities, along with one of the best ski schools for kids in Colorado.
One of Aspen’s four ski resorts (– one lift ticket gets Snowmass, Aspen, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk), connected by a free shuttle. Snowmass has a giant new children’s center; for older kids 12 to 19, Too Cool for School makes groups by age and skill.
Steamboat Springs, CO
Another of Colorado’s best-known ski resorts, has a fabulous ski school for kids, and tons of activities for kids age two and up; kids-only terrain and lifts; terrain park, and night-tubing; and frequent Kids Ski Free and Rent Free programs. Great town, as well; and hot springs, too.
Vail is of course, one of the best known Colorado ski resorts, one reason might be because of it’s sheer size : (the biggest ski area in North America, with over 5000 acres of terrain). Vail has awesome kids’ programs, a tube park with covered lift, and one of the best ski schools for kids in Colorado. Vail is just a few miles from Beaver Creek: lift passes are good at both, and also at Keystone and Breckenridge, which are also owned by Vail Resorts.
Winter Park, CO
Closest ski resort to Denver; family-friendly, reasonably-priced, and has a great ski school for kids.
Here are a few Family Ski Lodging recommendations with flight included based on 5 day stay, (always Book with us for best deals!_)
Nestled at the base of Vail Mountain, this opulent resort has been a symbol of elegance and adventure for over 20 years.
View More Hotel Info. |
The Sebastian Vail is located in the heart of Vail’s famed pedestrian village and just steps away from the slopes.
View More Hotel Info. |
Just 15 feet from the Strawberry Park Express lift in the heart of Beaver Creek Village, this new intimate luxury hotel offers amenities such as a ski valet, ski in/ski out access, Tapas lounge, room service, pool, hot tub, and fitness facilities.
View More Hotel Info.
If you’ve been on a Colorado family ski vacation we’d love to hear about your adventures –or Join our community to get advice for a destination not covered, or to just connect with other parents who love to get out and about with their kids! Our community is free to join. Here, you can ask for advice or help someone out, read a blog or start your own, join or start a group, view and share photos and videos, and so much more. Think of it as your own personal network. Invite your friends, join today!