Splash into Summer at Four Seasons Resort Orlando, Featuring a Five-Acre Waterpark Exclusively for Guests
With summer in full swing in Central Florida, the heat is on, and there’s no better time than now to cool off with some waterpark fun or poolside lounging. At Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, guests can take advantage of the Resort’s amazing pool offerings, including a five-acre (two hectare) waterpark called Explorer Island. There’s no ticket required – and the expansive water offerings are guaranteed fun for all ages. Exclusively for Resort guests, the five pool areas at Four Seasons Orlando include:
- The Explorer Pool: Ideal for families, The Explorer Pool features 7,590 square-feet (705-square-meters) of splashing fun, overlooking the lake and offering a gradually sloping “zero entry” that is ideal for the littlest swimmers. An underwater audio system plays favourite hits. The Explorer Pool also has a toddler slide, and is surrounded by daybeds and deck chairs. In addition, a highlight of The Explorer Pool is the “Starstruck” movie screen, which is a 190-inch flat-screen that plays family movies for guests every Thursday and Saturday nights throughout summer. Children can float around in tubes while watching the movie or lounge on one of the chaises while enjoying complimentary popcorn. Several cabanas are also available by the Explorer Pool (for a fee). Every day, the complimentary Kids For All Seasons program for kids ages four and older offers supervised swimming at 11:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- The Oasis: The Oasis is the lakeside, infinity-edge adult-only pool. Bordered by lush landscaping including tall cypress trees overlooking the sparkling lake, this pristine pool is 92 feet long (28 metres) and is also equipped with underwater audio. An adult-only whirlpool is perfect for relaxing. Guests at The Oasis enjoy regular amenities from the pool staff, such as frozen fruit, sunglasses cleaning, Evian spritzes, iced cappuccino shooters, and more. The adult-only pool also offers cabanas (for a fee).
- The Drifters: The Resort’s Lazy River is unlike any in the area – with amazing landscaping, it’s like one is in the midst of a tropical rainforest while gently tubing down the winding river. At 11,008 square-feet (1,023 square meters), Drifters takes one through a cascading 9-foot (2.75 meter) waterfall and a bubbling rapids section. Water cannons are strategically placed along various points on the river, enabling young ones to enjoy a laugh when taking Mom or Dad by surprise with a spray of cool water. At the end of Drifters, there’s an area called “the Cove” featuring a water basketball hoop and a water volleyball net. The Cove has hanging wicker pod chairs that the tween set love to lounge in. Adjacent to The Hideout, a video gaming centre with fun family entertainment from pinball to classic board games to billiards, The Cove is a great gathering spot.
- The Drop: Both the young (and young-at-heart) love the two 242-foot (74-meter) waterslides. The blue slide is enclosed for a thrilling drop with a big splash, while the yellow is open and made from see-through fiberglass. The Kids For All Seasons team often offers timed races down the slides, adding to the fun.
- The Splash Zone: Ideal for wee ones, the Splash Zone is a spacious area offering choreographed interactive fountains that launch blasts of water 30 feet (9 meters) into the air. Sheets of water, fog nozzles, dancing water spouts, and more make this area especially fun for the pre-school set. Daybeds and white teepees with brightly coloured cushions surround the Splash Zone and provide the perfect spot for toddlers to enjoy a rest in the shade.
Four Seasons Resort Orlando has an Experience More package that offers a daily USD 50 credit for a three-night or longer stay. The Resort credit can be enjoyed at The Spa, Tranquilo Golf Club, cabana rental, tennis or shopping at the boutiques. In addition, the new Suite Getaway – Resort Credit package includes a USD 1,000 credit for every four-night minimum stay in one of the Resort’s suites.
A highlight of the Resort is the complimentary Kids For All Seasons program, offering organised activities for children ages 4 to 12 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm daily. Adults will enjoy the adult-only pool, 18-hole Tom Fazio-designed Tranquilo Golf Club, and The Spa at Four Seasons. Recreational pursuits for guests of all ages are sure to provide ample entertainment. Guests of Four Seasons Resort Orlando also enjoy great access to Walt Disney World, including complimentary transportation to Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Resort offers a lobby level Disney Planning Center and a character breakfast, The Good Morning Breakfast with Goofy & His Pals, offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays all summer at Ravello restaurant.
The resort offers six on-property restaurants offering an array of options to delight even the most discerning of palates. Plus, children ages 5 and younger dine free at Four Seasons Resort Orlando in Ravello, The Lobby Bar, Capa, Capa Bar, Plancha and PB&G.
Rates start at USD 399 per night at Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort for the summer period, and there is no resort fee. For reservations, call 1 800 267 3046 or book online.
Beyond the Pools: Top 10 Ways to Beat the Heat This Summer at Four Seasons Orlando
In addition to the Resort’s five pools, Four Seasons Resort Orlando shares its Top 10 list of ways to enjoy a cool summer:
1. Gelato Bike in Action: Where else can one find a gelato bike cruising around property? Four Seasons Resort Orlando Executive Chef Fabrizio Schenardi makes homemade gelato, and Fabrizio or Executive Pastry Chef Rabii Saber can often be seen cruising around property with the delicious gelato flavors available for purchase.
2. The Experience Shower: Unique to Central Florida is The Spa’s custom Experience Showers. One shower is located in the women’s locker room at The Spa, and the other is in the men’s locker room. The Experience Shower offers multiple settings featuring different water pressures and temperatures. The “arctic mist” setting is sure to refresh with blasts of chilly water. Access to the amenities at The Spa, including the Experience Shower, relaxation areas, steam room and outdoor whirlpool, are always complimentary to guests.
3. The Ice Fountain: Adults can cool down after time in The Spa’s steam room with the Ice Fountain. Due to the ideal ice temperature, ice chips feel agreeably soft on the skin. The ice can cool the skin after the hot steam room and serve to effectively refresh after a dip in the whirlpool on The Spa’s private outdoor terrace.
4. Lickety Split’s Gelato: If the two flavors on the gelato bike aren’t enough, the lobby level Lickety-Split café offers more than 20 flavors of gelato, from PB&J to pistachio and pineapple – and many others that beg for a taste.
5. Soft-Serve Cones at PB&G: PB&G, the Resort’s poolside restaurant on the lake, regularly offers a daily flavor of ice cream. Peach iced tea, chocolate vanilla swirl and butterscotch are some of the mouth-watering flavors offered.
6. Chilled Towels: Refreshing, chilled oshiburi towels are regularly offered to guests at The Spa. Scented with eucalyptus, the chilled towels are a welcome way to cool down.
7. Sun Worshipper Spa Treatment: Featuring a gel mask of cooling aloe vera and sea algae, this treatment is hydrating and cooling, ideal for skin that’s been overly exposed to the sun.
8. Iced Coffee: Lickety Split’s signature cold brew process involves an 8-hour drip, resulting in the perfect iced coffee. Make it a vanilla iced latte or an iced chai – the Lickety Split team can make any cool coffee concoction.
9. Enjoy a Bubble Bath: Every guest room at Four Seasons includes a five-piece bathroom complete with a deep-soaking garden tub. Fill the tub and take a relaxing soak, perhaps while watching a movie on the built-in television in the bathroom mirror. The Resort’s custom line of bath products by C.O. Bigelow has a light citrus scent, with a cooling and hydrating body lotion.
10. The Hideout: Cool down in The Hideout, an air-conditioned retreat featuring the latest gaming systems from X-box to Wii and even “old school” Nintendo. Select times during the week, The Hideout offers “Scoop,” a little ice cream shop serving up delicious flavours and an array of toppings.