Articles in Kid Friendly Activities
Later this month, I’m taking my older girls (ages 9 & 10) to Naples and Sarasota, Florida. It will be a short four-day road trip, but I want them to hold onto the memories of the trip since we’ll be doing fun things like learning about dolphins on board the Dolphin Explorer and hunting for shark teeth at Venice Beach near Sarasota. With this in mind, here are five ways to hold onto these family adventures.
1. Write in a Travel Journal. You’ll find plenty of travel journals just for kids on Amazon. Travel journals are a great way to encourage kids to capture memories, but I love that it helps them to enhance their writing skills as they put on paper their travel experiences. Many travel journals also provide sections to paste in postcards, ticket stubs and other travel souvenirs.
2. Put Together a Travel Photo Book. I don’t need to tell you that kids love to do anything on the computer and making a photo album online couldn’t be easier for kids. Mixbook has plenty of travel-themed photo book templates to choose from, as does Snapfish, and your kids will no doubt love putting these books together to share with other family members.
3. Create a Personal Travel Blog. Back to kids loving computers…if they don’t want to write in a journal with a pencil, then why not set up a travel blog at MapQuest Travel Blogs. Kids can upload photos, drop pins on locations they visited, enter travel dates and write stories about their adventures. Friends and family can even subscribe to their blogs to follow along.
4. Share Photos on Instagram. Set up a private Instagram account for your children so they can take pictures to share throughout their trips. You may even want to create a unique hashtag so you and your kids can post trip photos and you can easily see all the pics on one screen. You can follow Kidventurous on Instagram to check out our upcoming pics from our Florida getaway.
5. Take Short Videos: If your kids have iPods or any other devices that can record video, have them take videos of their experiences to put up on Instagram or Vine to share with friends and family. I love videos since they’re easy ways to capture learning and silliness when on various adventures.
How do you like to capture travel memories when you vacation with your children? Let me know in the comments section below.
Photo Credit: Mixbook
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. However, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
LEGOLAND ® Florida Resort Announces First Responder Days in September
LEGOLAND ® Florida Resort to honor first responders with a free single day admission during September
LEGOLAND ® Florida Resort is proud to once again honor police …
My 9 year-old son is a raging LEGO-addict! He could practically pay for college if he were to sell just the LEGOs he currently owns. And there’s no end to new purchases in sight. …
HORNBLOWER SAN DIEGO TO LAUNCH SUMMER BLUE WHALE WATCHING & APPRECIATION CRUISES ON THE COMFORT OF THEIR LARGE BOAT
Blue Whale Watching Adventures to begin on July 5, 2014
San Diego, California (January 15, 2014) – For …
Kid’s Choice 2014 is coming, so head to the Mall of America® to attend a special screening of the Awards! Join us to see if your favorite celebs and athletes take home the Blimpie. Refreshments will …
by Larry Berle
Clarksdale AZ— Clickity Clack, Clickity Clack is the soothing sound of the Verde Canyon railroad train winding its way through the Verde Canyon, sometimes referred to as Arizona’s other Grand Canyon.
There are only …
My family still talks about our trip to Maui and watching the humpback whales play in the open water, and this photo shows that sometimes, they will come right up to the boat!
This is a …
by Larry Berle
A vacation on the Red Sea should be on your bucket list. You have several choices, Eilat Israel (the dominant choice of the Western World) Resorts of Egypt or Aqaba, Jordan.
I chose …
We believe good things come in threes. And when it comes to your favourite winter sport, Vail, Whistler and Jackson Hole are like The Three Tenors of ski resorts when you think about it: powerful, …
by Larry Berle
Did I say 5, in fact this list should be 50 or 500– This place is beautiful and the list of things to do says “stay here all summer” but here are a …