Travel Planning Tips
Theme park tips
Disneyland tips for little ones
Family friendly cruising
Dining out with your toddler
Carseats on the plane
Keeping the kids occupied en route
Easing ear pressure and keeping kids comfortable on the plane
Money Saving Tip:
To ease the sticker shock on your credit card bill, try buying gift cards to your favorite restaurants and stores before you go. I found a great website with a huge variety of gift cards all in one place… ““Visit www.GiftCertificates.com””
Planning Tips: As soon as you know where and when you’re going you can start planning. Try starting any big changes (like potty-training or new nap routines) a couple months before you go. Decide one major thing at your destination where you’ll be spending the most time (the beach, theme park, etc.) so you can get a hotel as close to there as reasonable.
A few items that pack well and come in handy are:
- a stroller umbrella (we use a Radio Flyer Umbrella Accessoryfor ours and it works great)
- bug repellent wipes(Bite Blocker Insect Repellent – Herbal Wipes)
- water shoes (or non-skid sandals that can get wet)
- sun hat
- spray fan / WATER MISTING FAN – - (you can get these at drugstores for under or about $10)
- small polar fleece blanket (lightweight but doesn’t breathe,so it holds body heat well)
- cotton sarong(can be a baby carrier, sun shade, beach blanket, shoulder shawl, etc.)
- comfortable walking shoes (buy and wear these monthsbefore, if possible)
- a backback (I love my Jansport backpack… it was hard to give up designer totes, but I’m very happy I did.)
Get one with lots of compartments, and a laptop pocket (for diapers when not holding a laptop), bag can also be a booster seat in a pinch, and is the perfect hands-free carry-on bag.
Think about whether or not you need a kitchen. Many hotels can offer you a mini-fridge or even a microwave if you ask far enough in advance. If you do need a kitchen, many hotel chains geared toward extended-stay business travelers have gotten good at accomodating families. Also, condo rentals or time-share options can be affordable.
What can you bring on the plane?
Check the TSA guidelines to be sure.