San Francisco is one of our country’s best vacation spots in the whole U.S. With something for everyone, S.F. boasts more fun than you could fit into one family vacation, but the one thing we all have to do while having fun is eat. And if you’re not familiar with the area, it might be difficult to choose from the thousands of eateries but, no worries, we have chosen the best of the best…read on to see our top 10 kid friendly restaurants in San Francisco. Oh yeah, it’s time to eat!
See our best picks for the Top 10 Kid-Friendly Restaurants in San Francisco:
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. From most of the reviews I read, it seems this is the best of the kid friendly restaurants in S.F. the shrimp is pretty good, but the atmosphere is better. The kiddies get their cute kid meals in a Jenny boat. And the water view is phenomenal. All in all, worth it for the spendy shrimp. Pier 39, #210, Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf, (415) 781-4867 , www.bubbagump.com .
Buca di Beppo – Super family friendly, with dishes that are awesome family style- Italian Buca di Beppo is great for the whole family.— 415.543.7673 located at – 855 Howard Street. See menu here http://www.bucadibeppo.com/menu/index.aspx
Pacific Catch – Sunset District Pacific Catch on 9th Ave. at the entrance to Golden Gate Park is a modern, comfortable, West Coast Fish House where friends and family gather to enjoy fresh seafood dishes inspired by flavors from the Pacific Rim. Awesome seafood, family friendly atmosphere · Website: http://www.pacificcatch.com
Park Chalet Housed within The Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant, The Park Chalet is a garden restaurant offering open air dining, an inviting stone fireplace, fully retractable glass doors, a glass ceiling and an unmatched indoor/outdoor atmosphere. Voted number one from many families, for the outside seating and great atmosphere. Cross Street: Lincoln & Fulton Sts. Menu: View menu on restaurant’s website Website: http://www.parkchalet.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (415) 386-8439
Seesaw– A kid friendly café with play props, books, board games and a play studio. Seesaw is a café that’s Scandinavian inspired, design conscious and aimed at appealing to parents with small children.Located at 600 Octavia St., Ste A, (between Grove St & Birch St) Neighborhood: Hayes Valley, (415) 553-8070 , seesawsf.com
Goat Hill Pizza- Must have the all-you-can-eat, dim-sum style pizza buffet on Monday nights! Tip for the parents; try the chocolate beer. Located at 300 Connecticut St,(between 18th St & 19th St) Neighborhood: Potrero Hill,(415) 641-1440 ,www.goathill.com Also located at; 171 Stillman St,(at 3rd St) , Neighborhood: SOMA,(415) 974-1303
Puccini & Pinetti near Union Sq. has a great kids menu. Union Square Italian restaurant is a family friendly venue where you can feel equally at home as a solo diner, as a family, or as a small or large group of friends. Great kid friendly restaurant with great food.
Chenery Park (in Glen Park) is yummy, and has kids night on Tuesday, but is kid friendly every night, really. Children are always welcome there, but especially on Tuesday evenings at their Kids Club. And if you’re on the go, feel free to call ahead and order anything on thier menu to take out. Reservations are recommended. Call them at 415 337 8537 or reserve online. Located at; 683 Chenery Street at Diamond St.
Also, if you want sweets but are lactose intolerant, or have Celiac’s disease there’s always the amazing Crave bakery –gluten-free-dairy-free-casein-free bakery. But don’t let this fool you, their desserts are super yummy and supposedly kids eat free.
And for the last kid friendly restaurant in San Francisco…pretty much anywhere on Pier 39 at Fisherman’s Wharf is a great place to take the kids for a family friendly meal. There are lots of tourists, (fun for people watching), and most places are loud enough so you don’t feel you have to keep the kids quiet.
Kids Eat Free San Francisco Restaurants:
- El Torito’s Kids eat free (all day) Monday. See reviews and more info here
- Baja Fresh Kids eat free (all day) Saturday & Sunday. See reviews and more info here
- Hola! Kids eat free (all day) Tuesday or Wednesday
- Applebee’s (all day) get one free kids meal with the purchase of one adult entree. Additional kids eat for only $1.00! Kids also get a free sundae upon request only. Monday. See reviews and more info here
- Fuddrucker’s 4 p.m. – 9 p.m Children ages 12 and under eat for 99 from the kid’s menu (Drink is included). Monday & Tuesday. See reviews and info here
- IHOP 4:00pm – 8:00pm – Kids ages 12 & under eat free- 1 FREE Kids’ Menu item per Adult entree purchase (Drink NOT included). Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday . See reviews and info here
- Denny’s 4 – 10pm kids eat free up to two entrees per adult meal purchased. Tuesday & Saturday. See reviews and more info here
- The Fresh Choice allows tots under 2 to eat free, then there’s a sliding scale for 2+. See reviews and more info here
- Kids eat free at Pasta Pomodoro – Tuesdays. See reviews and more info here.
And see our other helpful posts;
Kid Friendly Attractions in San Francisco, CA San Francisco’s attractions are iconic and kid-friendly – whether it’s walking across the Golden Gate Bridge, or the tasting fresh clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl on Fisherman’s Wharf. There’s plenty for families to …
Family Friendly Museums of San Francisco San Francisco’s devotion to the arts extends to teaching young ones the importance of art and culture. Many museums feature youth-oriented programs. Here are just some of the City’s kid-friendly museums:..
See these great deals on Kid Friendly Resorts and Hotels in San Francisco now going until May 31,2011:
- -48 Hour Sale- Book now and save 25% Hotel Nikko San Francisco
- -Reduced rate when arriving on Thursday and staying a minimum of two nights HYATT AT FISHERMANS WHARF
If you’ve been on a family vacation to San Francisco – leave us a comment about your adventures, we’d love to hear about it!