If you are stressed out, anxious, or just plain tired of trying to remember everything for your family vacation, then check out this handy-dandy list we’ve put together of the best top 20 kid friendly travel gadgets & gear that will help make your family vacation a breeze. These awesome products will help take the edge off traveling with kids, and make things easier once you arrive at your destination. Read on to find out what made our list for the best kid friendly travel gadgets. Also be sure to check out our Helpful Travel Links page, and
Browse our full list of recommended kid friendly products online!
1. RIDE ON CARRY ON– (see picture top left) The Ride On Carry On is a children’s chair that instantly converts any wheeled carry on luggage into a travel stroller. No assembly required!
- Best New Product, Business Week Magazine
- Instantly converts any wheeled luggage into a travel stroller
- Folds flat to fit in overhead bin and through security without removing
- Headrest doubles as a handy tray table
- Eliminates the need for bulky strollers
- Made of tough nylon polyester, spot clean with soapy water
- Recommended for children 8 months – 5 years, up to 50 pounds
- To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “ride on carry on” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
2. ShareBuds for watching DVDs on the laptop or portable DVD player. ShareBuds are headphones for two people to use that plug into a single jack. Perfect (actually, necessary) if you have more than one kid sharing a portable device. To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “share buds” in the top right search bar, and select “electronics” category.
3. TAG LEARNING SYSTEM–Tag™ is the #1 best-selling interactive reading system with the amazing touch technology that brings words and pictures to life. (see picture left) A library of more than 40 real storybooks, game books, maps and more helps inspire a lifelong love of learning, plus, make traveling with kids much easier! Find it cheaper at Amazon, LeapFrog® Tag Reading System. To purchase this item (seen at left) at a discount, click here and enter “Tag Learning System” in the top right search bar, and select “electronics” category.
4. Keep track of your children with the Giggle Bug toddler tracker. The cute little red or yellow bug clips to your child’s backpack or clothing; press a button on the separate fob and the bug emits an 85-decibel beep and its eyes blink until you deactivate the unit. It has a range of 75 to 100 feet and runs on three-volt coin cell batteries. It costs about $20 at Safe Beginnings, Bippity Boppity Baby, and at Familyonboard.com. To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “Giggle Bug toddler tracker” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
5. Sasha’s mini Bucket Bag is perfect for keeping kid-friendly items within reach on the plane or next to the car seat; they come in a range of colors and cost about $35 each at Howda Designz. Or stuff everything into a clever backpack. Skyway makes one with zippered compartments and a detachable lunch box in sky blue or pale pink ($25 at ebags.com).
6. For those going on a cruise try; Motion sickness relief bands are a drug-free way to keep nausea at bay. Sea-Bands knitted wristbands are made by a Rhode Island-based company and cost about $10 at many CVS and Rite Aid stores, as well through the One Step Ahead catalog (800-274-8440) and at sea-band.com.
7. Keep bigger kids entertained with travel games. Klutz offers a wide range of kid-friendly on-the-go activities. Their Kids Travel Backseat Survival Kit for $20 is available at bookstores and at klutz.com. Or make your own art kit for kids to bring with them for family travel.
8. The Snack Trap by Made for Mom keeps cookies contained, even if your tot drops the cup. About $5 each at Babies ‘‘R’’ Us and Toys ‘‘R’’ Us and at snacktrap.com, where you can get a 20 percent discount until Sept. 30 if you enter code 20globe. To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “snack trap” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
9. Juice Pal holders can be used with most standard juice boxes and pouches and have great little handles. You won’t get showered if your kid gives one a squeeze. They cost $3.95 each through the Leaps and Bounds catalog (800-477-2189) or at leapsandbounds.com. To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “juice pal holders” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
10. Lilly Gold’s Nap-Sac is a diaper bag that opens out into a safe changing station and can be used as a bassinet for infants to sleep in while away from home. It costs $80 and is available in red, black, or a camouflage pattern from tripleplayproducts.com.
Or try; The Pronto mini-changer by Skip Hop makes it easy to grab everything you need for a quick diaper change without having to haul a big bag. It unfolds into a wipe-clean changing pad with a built-in pillow, and has a zippered mesh compartment for diapers and wipes. It costs about $30 at Magic Beans; $30-$38 at babystyle; and at Redenvelope.com (for more store locations: skiphop.com). To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “Pronto mini-changer” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
11. Portable DVD player! If your car doesn’t have a DVD player, they are a must-have for long car trips! – you can purchase a portable one for $100 or less. Double-screen units —are the best— that you can strap to the seats of your minivan are about $180 at Target, or the Philips PD7012/37 7-Inch LCD Dual Screen Portable DVD Player, Black is only $89 from Amazon.com.
12. Sunshine Kids Bag-it Each Bag-It dispenser comes filled with a roll of high-density trash bags. The conveniently sized dispenser and rubber cord makes them easy to keep everywhere. Perfect for diaper bags, backpacks, cars, boats and dog leashes. And the disposable design means no more refills! To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “kids bag-it” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
13. For those long car trips! Sunshine Kids Cool Shade Wrapped around a foam core, Cool-Shade rolls onto a window in seconds with no creases, for a smooth, wrinkle-free look. Providing year-round protection from the sunĺs glint and glare, it helps block both UVA and UVB rays for lower car temperature. Adheres by static cling. Removable and reusable. To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “kids kool shade” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
14. Sunshine Kids Easy View The first back seat mirror that rotates 360║ and pivots on a ball and socket for the perfect angle to view an infant, without moving your rear-view mirror. Attaching securely to in the middle of any head rest, Easy-View does not block rear visibility and does not need to be positioned directly over a child. The shallow convex shape offers the largest, clearest reflection of any back seat mirror. See your baby, see the road easily, with Easy-View. To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “kids easy view” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
15. Sunshine Kids Side Rider Side-Rider is the perfect car seat companion. Now children can have their stuff right by their side, making car rides easier for everyone. Super-strong clips attach securely to any car seat or booster seat. The pop-open frame holds its shape even when full, so things are always easy to reach. To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “kids side rider” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
16. Sunshine Kids Stuff n Scuff Stuff Ĺn Scuff features washable, waterproof fabric to keep mud and dirt off the back of your vehicleĺs seat. The pop-open design maintains its shape providing full seat protection. The large cargo pocket holds everything. Fastens easily around any head rest and the adjustable lower tab secures it in place. Folds for easy storage in seat back pocket. To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “kids stuff and scuff” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
17. Sunshine Kids Sure Steps This comfortable security harness has 4 foot strap that allows your toddler freedom to explore while still remaining close to you. Slips on easily and fastens in the back for easy adjusting. The wrist strap can also be used separately. Lightweight and washable. To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “kid sure steps” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
18. Sunshine Kids Warm n Go Made with stretch-neoprene and a unique heating element design, insulated travel bottle warmer stretches and contours to fit any shape bottle – even tapered ones, to warm quickly and evenly. Convenient design fits cup holders and hangs from the dashboard. Features include a power indicator light and a thermal fuse to prevent overheating. Works up to 50% faster than others. Plug it into any vehicle lighter to warm food and bottles as you drive. To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “travel bottle warmer” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
19. For families traveling with infants and toddlers, one of the biggest challenges is lugging the stroller, the Sit’n’Stroll combination stroller solves that problem with its unique, sturdy design that coverts from stroller to car seat with retractable wheels. We used ours until our kid’s feet dragged the ground. One flight attendant called it our “James Bond stroller” because of its versatility. To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “sit and stroll” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
20.If you have a toddler who has outgrown the Sit’n’Stroll, check out the adorable Trunki Suitcase, (seen at right) a carry-on bag for kids that doubles as a little scooter car. Kids can pack their favorite toys, and an extra set of clothes in the suitcase, and while away a long layover by riding around on it. How cute is that? To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “Trunki suitcase” in the top right search bar, and select “baby” category.
BONUS! 21. Airlines seem to be cracking down on luggage weight, so a portable, digital luggage scale is a must-have for saving money and making sure you don’t go over the limit.To purchase this item at a discount, click here and enter “digital luggage scale” in the top right search bar, and select “electronics” category.
Helpful Travel Links
I personally check this page when planning and packing for each and every trip we take. This is my list of favorite travel links. Please add your favorites to the comments below to create your own online travel checklist!
Check the weather Bring a jacket? Check the 10-day forecast for your destination to help you decide what to pack.
Hold the Mail Put your mail on vacation hold for security at home. Have it all delivered the day after you return home.
Travel Advisory Warnings What you need to know before you go.
www.mousesavers.com information on deals at Disney
www.gocitykids.com things to do in major US cities
www.babiestravellite.com have baby gear sent to your destination
www.onebag.com tips on packing light
Study in England Have an experience of a lifetime while studying abroad in London, one of the most important cities in the world.
Helpful Sponsored links: