Forrest Hills Mountain Resort has summer packages for families
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort has the perfect cabin or suite for families who love to pan for gold and go horseback riding. Located in the Gold Rush town of Dahlonega – known for its shop- and restaurant-lined town square, abundance of waterfalls, working gold mines and fun festivals – family-owned Forrest Hills, now celebrating its 35th year, is an affordable mountain getaway with lots to do at the resort and in the community.
Spread over 140 forested acres, the resort offers these amenities: outdoor swimming pool, outdoor hot tub, horseback riding, nature trails, basketball court, sand volleyball, spa, fitness center, carriage rides, free Internet, gift shop and a library of movies to take back to your to room and enjoy. Onsite dining options include Southern-style breakfast buffets, picnic basket and box lunches, chuck wagon dinners with live entertainment and candlelight dinners for couples.
Family Fun Package
• Snack tray with hot chocolate, microwave popcorn, peanuts and bottled water in your cabin upon arrival
• Gold Fever Package: tickets to an underground gold mine tour, panning for gold and gems, a glass vial to hold the gold you find, admission to tour Georgia’s only working 126-year old stamp mill and tickets to the Dahlonega Gold Museum
• One-hour guided trail ride for each guest age 8 years old and up or a horse-drawn carriage ride for guests of all age
• Southern-style breakfast daily
• $551 for two nights based on 2 adults/2 children in a bi-level king suite; lodge rooms only $411.
Travel tip: The 22nd Annual Mountain Top Rodeo takes place June 22-23.
ABOUT FORREST HILLS MOUNTAIN RESORT | Forrest Hills Mountain Resort is set amidst the layered peaks of the Blue Ridge Mountains in north Georgia. Spreading over 140acres in the Gold Rush town of Dahlonega and sitting at the first steps of the Appalachian Trail, this family-owned resort, now in its 35th year, is a fusion of quality and value, with deluxe cabins and bed and breakfast suites and even group lodging tucked into a lush landscape. Each guestroom is uniquely decorated; deluxe cabins are outfitted with luxury amenities, including Amish-made sofas and oversized ottomans, custom mattresses, all-season fireplaces and flat-screen TVs. Deluxe cabins also have a private en suite hot tub surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook a seasonal naturescape.Resort amenities include several dining options (onsite restaurants, picnic lunches, chuck wagon dinners), spa, fitness center, outdoor swimming pool, outdoor hot tub, horseback riding, carriage rides, nature trails, basketball court, sand volleyball, free Internet, gift shop and a library of movies to take back to your to room and enjoy.