There are so many hotels near Disneyland, all claiming to be family friendly and walking distance from the Disneyland entrance. Well, they don’t exactly lie, I mean, everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. But after a long day of walking around the parks, do you really want to be walking even more? We have compiled a list of Anaheim hotels that are not only close to the main gate, but kid friendly – according to families who actually stayed there, not some marketing team. Oh, and we made sure they each have a pool.
4-Star family hotels: The best of the best, for families who prefer a luxury resort complete with resort amenities and amazing pools.
- Anaheim Marriott; nightly rates from $119: Located next to the Anaheim Convention Center, guests here can skip the car rental because the shuttle to Disneyland stops every few minutes. The hotel is walking distance to Downtown Disneyland District, an outdoor promenade with restaurants, theaters, and shopping in a tropical setting. Just steps in the other direction will take you to the Anaheim Garden Walk, an outdoor mall with great shopping, dining and entertainment options.
- Disneyland Hotel; from $299.99: Stay in the middle of the action at an iconic Disney Hotel beloved by families for generations. Staying on property gets you some nice perks like early park entrance, character meet & greets, or slip away for a comfortable nap or an afternoon dip in the pool. This hotel connects to the parks via the monorail.
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; from $354.99: Another on-property hotel, this hotel is like the most luxurious log cabin or Craftstman-style home you could imagine! Guestrooms overlook one of four scenes: Disney’s California Adventure park, the hotel’s sparkling pool with whimsical redwood slide, the colorful Downtown Disney District, or the lights of the surrounding city.
- Hilton Anaheim – Adjacent Disneyland; from $111.20: The newly renovated Hilton Anaheim hotel is located just one block (or 10 minute walk); away from the Disneyland Resort and directly adjacent to the Anaheim Convention Center. The hotel features an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by four spa tubs, a poolside bar (seasonal) and three sundecks. The lobby also includes a Starbucks, multiple gift shops and food court including Sbarro, Baja Fresh and Frozen Yogurt. The hotel also offers Childcare provided by Kid’s Night Out.
3-Star family hotels: Well-appointed hotels at an affordable price… a great balance of price and amenities.
- Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn; from $89: Rooms include refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, cable satellite television with HBO® and free high-speed Internet access, heated pool, spacious and clean rooms.
- Best Western Plus Park Place Inn and Mini Suites; from $109: This hotel is directly across the street from the main gate at Disneyland. If you are traveling with a big group or as a family, the mini-suites sleep up to six people. Complimentary continental breakfast.
- Desert Palms Hotel and Suites Anaheim Resort; from $114.59: Offers a wide range of spacious guest rooms and suites, complimentary breakfast, free parking, heated pool.
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Anaheim Resort; from $109.64: Located a short walk from the Disneyland Resort®, you can walk across to the main gates or use the resort’s shuttle system operating throughout the day (fee). Spacious and brightly decorated guestrooms and suites. Enjoy Castaway Cove, a pirate-themed water playground complete with 30-foot pirate ship, water slides, drench bucket, children’s pool with fountain play area on the property.
- Fairfield Inn Anaheim Disneyland Resort; from $119: Across the street from the Disneyland Resort entrance, Disney inspired hotel rooms with queen or king beds and pull-out sofa beds, game room for the kids and a pool for the whole family.
- Sheraton Park Anaheim Resort; from $125: All rooms feature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds, wireless Internet access, coffeemakers, refrigerators, safes, flat-screen TVs, irons and ironing boards, hairdryers, and private balconies with views of either the landscaped pool and patio area or the Disneyland® Resort.
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate; from $129: We personally stayed here and I can tell you the walk was easy (our son was still in a stroller) and the room was spacious and clean. I love that Residence Inns have kitchenettes so we can pack lunch and snacks for the park, and that they have a really good complimentary full breakfast – eggs, waffles, cereals, you name it. The pool was great, too. They have a small kiddie pool that’s only about a foot deep that my toddler son really enjoyed.
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel; from $250: Another on property hotel that gives you those lovely perks.
2-Star family hotels: Budget hotels that are clean, close, and affordable… some of the rates are even more than a 3-star, so check the reviews to compare. Basically here you are paying for proximity and not amenities. I’ve only included the ones that consistently get good reviews.
- Quality Inn and Suites Anaheim Resort; from $80.98: Located across from the entrance to Disneyland, complimentary deluxe Continental Breakfast with ‘hot’ waffles,
- Alpine Inn; from $109.99: Complimentary continental breakfast, free parking and heated outdoor swimming pool year round.
- Desert Inn and Suites; from $139: Amenities include complimentary continental breakfast, indoor pool and spa and more.
- Park Vue Inn; from $176: This hotel is directly across from the main gate, so you are definitely paying for location, but guests seem to love this hotel, and it is TripAdvisor’s #3 family hotel in Anaheim. The hotel’s amenities include the swimming pool, complimentary continental breakfast, coin-operated laundry facilities, all rooms have exterior access, microwaves, mini-fridges, tea/coffee facilities, hairdryers, safes, and satellite TV with in-room movies.
- Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites; from $79.99: Located approximately one block from Disneyland Park. Hotel amenities include the pool and complimentary continental breakfast. All rooms feature dataports, exterior access, refrigerators, coffeemakers, and microwaves.
- Eden Roc Inn and Suites; from $54.99: A block from the entrance to Disneyland, free parking, outdoor pool.
- Holiday Inn Express Maingate: from $117.66: Rooms and suites with views of Disneyland® Fireworks. The hotel is a short 15 Minute walk located one block from the Main Entrance to Disneyland. Amenities include outdoor heated pool, free high speed internet, free deluxe Express Start Breakfast, family rooms.
- Ramada Inn Maingate At The Park; from $151.05: This air-conditioned hotel offers a large, child-friendly heated outdoor pool with a spa tub and sundeck, and coin laundry facilities. A complimentary continental breakfast is served daily.
The list may still be long, but at least we’ve narrowed down the hotels near Disneyland that are clean, have pools, and are great for families… no matter what your budget. If you have stayed at any of these, or think I’ve missed one, please let me know in the comments below! I’d love to hear from you.
As always, if you book any of these hotels through the links provided, you will enjoy our 110% Best Rate Guarantee. Have fun in the Happiest Place on Earth!!
cheap London travel says
I get pleasure from, lead to I found just what I used to be having a look for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye
very pleased to be here.
your post is interesting and useful.
Joselyn S. says
Hey! Thanks for doing the research on these hotels in Anaheim. This is very helpful. Do you know if guests are able to request which view they would like during a stay at the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa?
My pleasure, Joselyn! This hotel offers different rates based on view: theme park/pool view or city/Downtown Disney/courtyard view. It’s also a good idea to call the hotel directly to confirm your reservation before you leave home (regardless of where you book it), and could certainly ask for a specific view and any other special requests at that time. However, be sure you’ve paid for the right view category when making your reservation. You could also ask at check-in what views are available, but selection may be more limited.
Hope that helps!!
Joselyn S. says
Louis Perkins says
Great list thank you for sharing! I’m looking at hotels in anaheim for a family vacation this summer, this will be a big help.
a year ago I got an email from a couple iruiinqng about maternity photos, little did I know when I met Matt & Kerri in front of the A outside of California Adventure last fall we would become friends.
Carol Stallings says
Enjoyed looking at this, very good stuff, appreciate it. “It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others.” by John Andrew Holmes.