Guests cruise the city in signature style on Hotel’s custom designed, Boston-themed bike fleet
This spring through fall, hotel guests can cruise New England’s gateway city in style with the return of the Hub’s favorite Boston-themed bike fleet at family-friendly Four Seasons Hotel Boston. Take to two wheels and discover the extraordinary history of “America’s Walking City” by enjoying some of New England’s most beautiful bike paths and green spaces.
“One of Boston’s favorite bicycle routes is along the Charles River Esplanade – one of the city’s most beloved green spaces – just a few blocks from the Hotel,” says long-time Four Seasons Hotel Boston Concierge David White. “There are family-friendly bike paths on both sides of the river, and the Charles provides picturesque vistas of sail boats and rowers out on the water, with great views of the Boston skyline.”
Concierge Bettine Boyd adds, “Another great bike route is the Emerald Necklace, where guests can explore Frederick Law Olmstead’s incredible park on a 15 mile (24 kilometre) ride from our Hotel to Jamaica Plain and back. This route is especially beautiful in the spring and fall for viewing beautiful flowers and the spectacular foliage, and is another favourite green space in the city.”
The Four Seasons Fleet includes the Lobstah Linah, Swan Scooter, Fenway Flyer, Paul Revere’s Wild Ride and the Southie Shuttle, five custom-designed bicycles celebrating authentically local Boston history and flavor, each uniquely created to highlight the city’s rich color and heritage.
“Harvard University is just a four mile (6.5 kilometer) ride from the Hotel, and guests would also enjoy a trek out to the iconic university over the Lars Anderson bridge, where they can bike into Harvard Square and through Harvard Yard viewing historic buildings and architecture that date back to the 1700s and 1800s,” White continues. “The Concierge Team is also delighted to create custom bike ride itineraries specific to the interests of our guests.”
Meet the Fleet
- Lobstah Linah – Said like a true local, the brilliant red Lobstah Linah (lobster liner) features lobster graphics, an homage to Boston’s harbors and coastal legacy and one of the Hub’s cuisine staples, featured throughout the region.
- Swan Scooter – Named for Boston’s favorite couple – Romeo and Juliet, the two swans who call Boston’s beautiful Public Garden home each year – the orange and white Swan Scooter was designed to honor America’s first botanic garden, a popular Boston destination, located directly across from Four Seasons Hotel Boston.
- Fenway Flyer – One of America’s greatest ballparks, Fenway Park is home to Boston’s beloved World Series-winning baseball team, the Boston Red Sox. The red-white-and blue Fenway Flyer embodies the spirit of the sport and Boston’s obsession with this All-American pastime.
- Paul Revere’s Wild Ride – Celebrating the beginnings of America, this spirited two-wheeler memorialises the great American Paul Revere, a Boston-born icon known for his historic horseback ride in which he allegedly warned “The Red Coats are coming! The Red Coats are coming!” preparing the patriots for the battles of Lexington and Concord.
- Southie Shuttle – South Boston, aka “Southie” to Bostonians, is a well-loved area for locals and tourists alike. The green and white Southie Shuttle is replete with green shamrocks, a tip of the hat to Boston’s Irish heritage.
This Four Seasons Fleet is one of many family-friendly amenities offered by Four Seasons Hotel Boston, the city’s favorite Back Bay hotel, highlighted by media around the world as “a top choice for families.” Bicycles in the fleet are available free of charge for check-out through the Hotel’s Concierge.